Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blind Prom Date!!!



So my nephew went on a blind prom date. I usually would not have pictures of my niece or nephews going to prom however this was a special date. Apparently this girl got dumped by her prom date a few days before prom, and was just so upset. Well here seminary teacher told my brother who is also a seminary teacher that he was really concerned about this girl, and wish that he could find a good guy to take her to prom. Well my nephew stepped up to the plate. He did not want to go to prom at all but he figured since it was a different school it would be okay. So they had to wait until after my nephews baseball game to go so they met at my parents house since it was close to where his game was. So at 9:30 the girl and her parents, and my nephew came to the house to get ready for the prom. It was really sweet of my nephew to do this. I guess the date didn't go that well. I don't know the details on it yet, but they just went home after the prom which is a pretty good indication that things did not go that well. The girls parents said that maybe this could me a missionary experience for my nephew. The girl is LDS but she is just struggling with her spirituality. But I would have to say she scored. She went with a senior varsity MVP for the baseball team who has a scholarship to play for SUU. I would have been happy.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Aww that was so nice of your nephew. I'm curious now what happened on the date...