Monday, January 14, 2008

Back to being a single mom!!!

Well Scott is back to school. He started his Chemistry class on Saturday, and was back at work at 7am this morning, and wont be home till around 10pm. Man I feel so bad for him. I think after this year I am going to more grateful for him than I am right now.

So this week starts out with the kids getting sick AGAIN, this time not only do they have a cold, but Pink Eye. Oh I hate this illness. I used to get it alot when i was young. So of course we have to pass on our BEST qualities to our children. Ashlynn was having Terrible Diarrhea this morning. So she is in a diaper today, which i hate to do, but she was having a terrible time getting to the toilet. I don't know about you, but when i am sick i really wish sometimes that i did not have to get up and go to the restroom.

We had some exciting things this weekend. A new addition to the Wilkins family. I know I know. No not me. Scott's sister had a baby boy this weekend, His name is Mathew. He is super adorable, and really makes me want another baby. I know i say that all the time, but it's true. The other exciting thing on a different note is that my niece Elle was in the hospital for 3 days cause she was so severally constipated that they gave her 4 enemas, and nothing happened. So they had to put her on a feeding tube, cause she refused to eat, and they put her on an IV because she was very dehydrated. But all is well she is home now, and a much happier 2 year old. They would not release her from the hospital until she was pooping clear liquid, and she eventually did after the 5th enema. So for those of you that thought being constipated wont hurt much other than the obvious. You are WRONG! It can be a very serious thing.

Oh I forgot to mention. Now that all i do is sit at home, and do nothing. I have fallen in love with Discovery Health Channel. Well I have always loved this channel, but I watch Mystery Diagnosis. I love it. It is crazy how stupid some doctors can be. All that schooling they go through to diagnose patients and they cant even do it. Oh well what do you do.

Well I have been hearing alot about random deaths lately. Living with a husband and children that are invincible. Leaves me with nothing to worry about. Okay just kidding I really stress alot about things now. We had a friend of my parents whose husband just died. He was in his late 30's, and woke up with some stomach pain. He went to work thinking it would get better, and he called his wife later, and told her that he was going to the ER. When she showed up to meet him there. He coded, and they were never able to bring him back. They did an autopsy, and he had a bleed in his abdomen. So random and now a widow, and he four children between the ages of 2-11 are without a father and a husband. There has been some other deaths lately that you just have to think to yourself the Lord has another plan for them. Sad Sad Sad that is all i have to say. We as a Cuthbertson family have FHE ever 2nd Sunday of the month. My sister-in-law has been feeling the same as i have, and so she decided to give her lesson on preparedness. And then the BYU channel tonight is doing a special on being prepared for a tragedy. Man i am telling you what. I don't know if i can take anymore. I am praying alot more lately. Just that my kids will wake up, and my husband will get home, and all my family and friends are safe. Or maybe it is truly coming to the last days. I don't know. Just be safe so i don't have to worry about it.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Scott is working again? Sounds like you both will have some long days. Sorry the babes are sick again - they just seem to get everything! We have been lucky this year and not been sick (knock on wood.) I think it may be because of my addiction to hand sanitizer! I've been thinking more about preparedness lately too. We've finally decided that we better have some food storage. Anything can happen I guess. Love your blog - you're awesome!