Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Sunday!!!






Here is some pictures from easter sunday. I did not get any pictures of the kids with their baskets, or any of the easter egg hunts they went on. We had a great easter, and the kids got to see their cousins.

As for Ashlynn she had her final evaulation through Arizona's Children, and they diagnosed her with High Performing Autism, and Seperation Anxiety. They might have to give her medication for the seperation anxiety in the future but I am trying everything I can to prevent that from happening. We are concerned that she will not have an easy time going to early intervention and we dont want that to interfear with all the help she can be getting, so they might have to give her something that will just calm her nerves enough that she can go to her classes, and then once she gets the hang of things, and is comfortable they will take her off of the medication. She has not been going to Sunbeams for the last month or two, and I dont konw what to do to get her to go. So she is doing good. I have a few sources that I am going through to get her all the help we can. Or that our funds will allow. So she is doing good, and we are working with her so that she might go to sunbeams soon.

Coleton is so big. He talks alot, and is in the terrible two's got to love them. He teases his sister, and I have to put that to an end. It is hard though. He makes us laugh he is so funny, and he knows it. He is so full of energy and still sleeps all the time. He is taking two naps a day, and goes to bed at 8 or 9 and wakes up around 7:30.

We are so grateful for our kids even with Ashlynn's new found disabilaty we are grateful for her and her sweet spirit. She is always trying to hard to learn and figure this world out, but it seems so confusing to her at times. We cant wait to learn more about autism, and what we can do to help her.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Your kids are so cute. Ashlynn looks a lot older in that picture. She is gorgeous! You guys have so much going on right now - I'm glad you got to have a little break in Vegas. Between school and work and kids and Ashlynn's stuff and my crazy kids...we are never going to be able to talk to each other! Don't forget the dream though - someday we will be neighbors and we can talk to each other and go out to lunch everyday!

cuthbertsonclan said...

Katie,
I am proud of you positive attitude towards Ashlynn's autism. She is a great little girl and I have confidence that with your support and love, she will learn to function with a slight disability. Keep up the good work and I'm here for you if you need me!
Reb

Rachel said...

Your kids are so cute. I think Ashlynn looks so much like you!! You will help Ashlynn so much, as I am sure you are finding out there are SO many opportunities for kids with disabilities. you are a great mom!