Monday, February 4, 2008

My Brothers Dog!!!




There is quite a history with this little guy. He does not have a name yet. My brother decided to get his wife a dog while she was out of town. She has really been wanting one. He wanted a small house dog, and she wanted something that would let her know if someone was breaking in. So this is what they decided on. He is a toy Chihuahua. He is super adorable.




My brother picked him out because he was the runt of the litter, and they are supposed to be the most valuable. Well he was really sick. I had to watch the dog over night while my brother worked, and the dog was very lethargic, and would not move and could not even keep his head up. So my mom and I decided to got to "Pratt's Feed", and get the dog a bottle, and try to force feed him, I was worried that it would not make it through the night. So we got him some formula, and a bottle and i had to feed him every 2 hours. He was still really sick, but i was not going to let him die on my time. My sister-in-law came into town, and at this time the dog started to form a big lump on his head. It was pussing a little. I thought he was going to die. My sister-in-law took him to the vet first thing Monday morning. The vet said that he was so dehydrated that she could not give him and IV but that they would keep him all day, and try to nurse him back to health. They Vet told my sister-in-law that he was very bad off, and would probably not make it through the weekend. My sister-in-law was upset, they have had to puppies die on them for various reasons. Mostley that they were just sick. So my sister-in-law went back that night to pick the dog up, and the doctor said that the dog most likely had fluid on his brain, and it was common in this breed, and that he was not going to live. So the vet gave my sister-in-law some things to do from home to see if he would respond. And he did. She has to give him caro syrup every morning and night. She has not done it for the last three days and the dog is doing really well. I have to babysit her kids today, and she wanted me to watch the dog also. So I took some pictures of him. He is so TINY.



He is really healthy and happy, and the stuff above his right eye is were the lump was the was pussing, It was the size of a bouncy ball, and now it is almost gone.

1 comment:

Denise said...

An odediant wife - no way! C'mon Katie I resent that! You must know me better! Anyway, we'll see what happens! At least if we move we will have more room for you guys to come and stay with us! Poor dog! Glad it's doing better. Good luck with nursery - I don't have any good tips. Somehow I've been lucky enough to avoid that calling! (Now I'll probably get it for saying that!)